Sunday, October 6, 2013

Let's slow it down


Work has taken over my life. Enough of that...

I picked up my fair entries on Friday. One white and one blue. Two out of three isn't bad at all.


 Please ignore my chipped nail polish, I'm too tired to get them redone. This bracelet originally had a flat flower on the far left attached. It seems to have somehow lost it's flower, but still got a blue ribbon by itself.
The flower cluster, I'm very proud of. I'm happy it received a ribbon. It was competing against quilts in a contest, and it was the only non-quilt item entered. The ladies accepting the entries flat said it wouldn't get first place, the judge this year was once again a 'quilt person'. But they were all impressed by it, and I'm glad it got a ribbon at all.

                                                                                                                
The birds didn't get a ribbon at all. I'm not surprised. I didn't do a good job with how it was displayed. Also the colors chosen for the peacock could have been better. I forgot to take into account the lighting they'd be under and the mocha swirl color just ended up looking dirty. My Honey still loves it and wants to put it up in the living room. I think I'll just put it up in the bedroom instead. I'm looking for a curio cabinet to put my fair entries in. Even those that don't get ribbons. I want it big enough to be able to expand for future entries. I've lost a few of the previous years ribbon winners between moving and curious children and their nimble fingers.

I've been wanting to open up my Etsy shop with a few of the small shuttles I've made. I hesitate because there's only four of them finished and there has been a lot of interest in them. I feel bad about not being able to make them quick enough for the demand. It's like I'm disappointing a good friend. I go on vacation for a week soon, giving me some time to make a few more. I think I'll wait a bit longer and list them at the end of that time off. I feel like such a tease!

I can't believe it's already on Day 6 on Sherry's TIAS. I haven't even begun, but I have downloaded the pattern up to date. I think I'll begin it tonight and catch up with everyone else.



9 comments:

  1. ditto here! don't forget to stretch your hands, that's lots of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can still hear the snap crackle and pop of my fingers after a tatting session. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Aren't ribbons just the best! : ))
    Fox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are! Congrats on your ribbons as well!

      Delete
  3. congratulations on the ribbons! I sure wish they had fairs here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Don't worry about the shuttles. When the timing is right, it will all come together.

    ReplyDelete