Friday, April 18, 2014

Time escapes me..again





 I have been on a shopping kick as of late. Besides the two bulk orders of Boyle shuttles, I've been ordering a shuttle a week, it seems.


 Just recently I ordered this pretty Slider Shuttle from Sandra McKay Pellerin. Fox tested it out and gave it high marks. I'm hoping it works out as good for me. I have a GR8 shuttle and I like it but it is kind of fiddly on my tension. If it does my hands good, I'll order the Olive wood one I was eyeballing as well.
 Then I went a bought this beautiful glass handled crochet hook from Davina-Marie on Etsy. A few months back I received an exchange package from her. Inside, she had included a hook similar. I'm so glad she made more because now I have the link to her Etsy shop. So the mystery of the 'artist' that made these has been solved! The one I received in the exchange was a size 7, the one I purchased was a size 12. I wonder if she'll make one in a size 14..that would round out my hook tools.
I'm still waiting, rather impatiently, for a pair of shuttles from Russia. I loved the look of the top of the shuttles. These were purchased on Ebay, but I don't have the link info available right now.

Tatting wise, I'm currently on Row 8 of Renuelk's Spring Doily. I'm not too sure if I like the change of colors here. I went with another variegated blue and a solid green. I was afraid it would come out too dark, so I went through my thread stash and picked the brightest blue combo that I had in this size. There were of course more green variegated options but I thought I reverse the play on threads on this round. I like how when I began, it reminded me of a lily pad in the center with the blue being water surrounding it. Even though this blue is on the darker scale of blues, it's also vibrant at the same time. I don't have the color cards for the threads, but they are all Lizabeth. It seems to be the only brand of thread I have in size 40.

Besides this doily, I haven't tatted anything else. My tatting has been sorrowfully neglected. I still have to set up my MomCave again. We picked up a air hockey table for our son, and it seems like I'm going to have to put it in my cave. I forgot that things look smaller on the display floor, so that while it looks doable there, when you get it home it's a completely different story.  I could change the dining area around and set it up there, but that would just look tacky.

With the weather warming up, I'll be able to do some resin casting soon. That means that I'll be making shuttles again! I know I only put out a few last time. Resin casting takes up so much time, that I haven't really felt the urge to do it. With the heat rising, it tempts me.


I found this picture on Facebook and thought it was a wonderful way to display some tatted flowers. Now the only problem would be to find a cute tea cup that I wouldn't mind using. Sounds like an excuse to go "Treasure Hunting". I'll see if my Honey wouldn't mind going to a few second hand stores with me. If not, he can always spend the day at his mom's with the kids so I can go. Looks, like we have tomorrow's plans, since I magically have a Saturday off.

14 comments:

  1. Shuttles have been calling me as well! I'm eagerly awaiting my new slider shuttle. Isn't it funny how a pretty tool can make creating so much more enjoyable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm hoping that having them to work with will tempt me to work on my tatting more.

      Delete
  2. I ordered a pair of the Russian shuttles on etsy and they took 2 full months to reach me in Washington. They were worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that long huh? I keep checking that tracking number but it never seems to move..sigh.

      Delete
  3. Your doily seems to be coming along very well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you'll love it as the tension is a dream! I like the one you picked. Pretty. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly wait. I want it for size 80 thread. I think it would be easier and faster to load a bobbin than a traditional post shuttle.

      Delete
  5. Well looks like you have had a shuttle fun! very nice and it is fun to find a pattern to do for each set :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several pairs already with the beginnings of projects.

      Delete
  6. Oooh, nice shuttle indulgences! I'm drooling now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, how do you like it? I'm hoping to get a few with "extra" funds that come in from Uncle Sam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't received the "Slider" yet, but I am eagerly awaiting it. I bought the whole "kit" just in case....lol

      Delete