Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Let's look at another angle


Happy Tatting Tea Tuesday! It's my second Tuesday in a row that I get to do whatever I want! Okay with two small children, that's not entirely true, but true enough. I did find the previous version of Renulek's Summer Doily that I began. Here are all three versions that I've began. Doesn't the one on the far left remind you of a watermelon?

Side view of the Russian shuttle purchased

The gift I was originally planning to give to my Gmom-in-law had an unfortunate meeting with Tenchi. I had to quickly improvise a second gift. I mounted the Spring doily I was working on to a board and place a few flowers on top. I'm seriously disappointed with how it looks...unfinished. She liked it and in the end, that's what's important. I'm going to have to restart the other again. Good thing I still have the clock pieces to 'finish' it.

 The POV glasses didn't work out for my needs. It seems that the camera lens is angled up a bit too much. If I had them resting on the tip of my nose the view is more in line, but it pinches my nose. Plus, it also really makes me feel like the proverbial grandma sitting on the porch sewing. Nothing wrong with that mental picture, except I haven't reach enough years for that to be true yet. I did wear them while going to our mailbox and that view came out great! Not awesome, just great. When we go on our trips to Disneyland or wherever, they'll be a wonderful inclusion on recording memories. Plus the sunglass part of it is better on my eyes and much easier than holding a camera or even my phone to take some pictures or videos. It looks like for now I'm going to have to keep using the tripod for shooting my videos.
Photo bombed by Tenchi!
I just had to show this. My 3DS is originally a green Yoshi cover. I got this protector case for it. I'm such a Evee fan that I couldn't resist. Okay enough video game nerdiness for today.

8 comments:

  1. It does look like a watermelon, and I was wondering how long does it take to get the Russian shuttles cause I just ordered one too? Your gift was beautiful only you and the rest of in siber space know it isn't finished :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took 2 full months! Worth the wait though.

      Delete
  2. Well, it would be worth looking like a granny for the few hours it took to make a video if it worked well. It's a shame, but I can understand that the camera is not angled downwards at what you're doing with your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the whole idea because someone on Facebook posted a short video with their Pivothead glasses. I wasn't ready to shell out that kind of money for something that was only going to be use once in a blue moon. lol

      Delete
  3. All of your doily starts look wonderful!!! :) I agree about the watermelon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all your color combinations in your summer doily. If you don't mind me asking: is this a Banyek shuttle? Because if it is, it is from Hungary, not from Russia. They are lovely strong shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so. They came from Russia. The post origin is listed as Russia. I could be wrong, either way I love them!

      Delete