|Getting my small motifs all together|
I also picked up some much needed supplies for my resin casting. The dollar store here is my weakness. I go in with a limit on what I am getting and always manage to leave with nearly double or triple that! This time it was the storage containers that got me. Those sneaky rascals! I rationalized it with, 'If I can't find it, how am I ever going to finish my projects? I have too much little stuff just laying around everywhere. I need to get it organized, again.'
|Beads received in an Facebook exchange|
I've actually been tatting. I was on a roll making my friends' Slave Bracelet. Then I realized I made the piece too busy. It looks cluttered. I began again. This time the connecting chain from the ring to the center piece was too long. Starting again, I just decided, less is more. This time I'm beginning the bracelet portion of it and working my way up. I'm also using size 10 crochet thread to both, give it a 'softer' feel to it against the skin, and to finish the project faster. I have no pattern in mind, just kind of winging it and see where the thread leads.
On Renulek's Spring doily:
I just cut off that entire section and decided to just use the River Glades color on the entire row. If I want more color I'll add it on other rounds. I also began her Summer Doily. I actually started it three different times without realizing it. The most recent I moved up from the size 40 thread I always use to the 20. Problem with this, is that there is limits to my color selections. Since I only downloaded the first 3 rounds, I just used what I had. As I continued I realized that it reminded me of a watermelon. The rings being the seeds. Watermelon is my favorite fruit in the summer. How appropriate! I'll have to see how further rows go before I can see how the colors will play out. Once I can remember where I placed that particular version I'll add the photos.