Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone enjoys a Happy Thanksgiving with their families. I'm going to try and squeeze in as much sleep as I can in the next 12 hours. Then after an early dinner, it's to the retail circus! Until that craziness begins, let me update on what I've done so far....
 The snowflake from Jan Stawsz is finished. Well, except for ends to hide and then mount up on the bangle. I really like the color contrast between these two Lizabeth colors, Periwinkle and Elderberry Jam. I need to retake this photo during daylight hours so you can really see how pretty it is.

I've picked up another crafty skill with my fellow enabler, YouTube. This time I'm trying my hands with clay charm making. I found this tutorial on how to make Pokeballs by GandaKris and she made it look so easy, I had to try.  The first run.

While not exactly perfect, not too shabby either. I have a few more currently in the oven hardening.  This is a fun distraction. It only took about 30 minutes to make these. I'm not going to get carried away and ignore the resin or even the regular tatting. Sometimes, you just need a break from routine. I do have to get more paint to finish the other balls though.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece of work I really love these color I will use this combination or colors soon! Happy Thanksgiving I just put my turkey in oven and hour ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both colors do justice to this great pattern! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, HOW do you mount tatting on a bangle, and why would you do that? what do these 'bangles' look like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few more bangles I've made for my snowflakes. When I go to add them, I'll take pictures and add them on another blog post. It's basically placing the tatting in the center of the bangle/bracelet and sewing it down to look like a suncatcher.

      Delete