I brought out the clay and began making some more charms. I've added chibi's to several of the hooks from my Boyle interchangable hooks. The metal cap that keeps the hook tips in place, is stripped so I was constantly having to twist it closed. It got annoying real fast. I started with added a clay Evee charm to my size 15 mini-hook, then expanded to adding charms to these hook heads, turning them into pendants.
|Still waiting to get their faces painted on|
One thing I needed was to make a stand for them to rest on while they dried. I made it out of a small Styrofoam ball and one of the mixing cups I used for my resin casting. I just glued that ball down and it was ready for use.
|Maybe we should leave him faceless.|
My little fox wanted to demonstrate how good it works!
At first I was going for a flat charm to make it easier to hold if I actually wanted to crochet with the hooks, but changed back to the chibi's. I haven't tested them out yet, so we'll see if this turns out to be a mistake. I was going to make them all Pokemon chibi's but my clay working skills are still in the beginner mode.
If they feel uncomfortable, I'll just cut them off and turn them into another type of hook pendants. I really like my little dragon, so I'm hoping they'll work for what I want.