I don't know what exactly it is but my tatting attempts are not working out. Maybe my broken coffee pot might have something to do with my broken concentration. It gave me the chance to finally take the French press out and give that a try..maybe I don't have the right type of grounds, but it came out more like tea then coffee. Blonde is how Starbucks would label it.
After I joined the last cluster of that first section, I realized I had been joining wrong the entire time. I sat there staring at the piece for the better of two hours trying to find a way to not have to do what I knew I had to do. Unfortunately there was no avoiding it. Out came the scissors.
I began again, with the mindset to do that last cluster then branch out to the chaining sections. After the center portion was done I forgot the plan and kept going. It wasn't until I tried to join that I realized there were several other joins that should have been done beforehand..sigh. Out came the scissors again.
Now I'm frustrated. I tried to move to another tatting project for a change of pace but that was just as disastrous. I went back to the Fantasia Spider, and I had to just stop. The thread was very harsh to my fingers at this point.
Now I'm going to bake some cupcakes to make myself feel better. Even though I know the kids will eat them up long before I get one.