I made it halfway around with these snowflakes. The pattern is not needed at this point because I've memorized it. There is a problem with the black thread though. It was vintage thread, Coats and Clark, that I purchased as a bundle off Etsy a while back (years ago). It has begun to deteriorate and snaps often if my tension is even a bit too tight. I've had to work in ends more frequently than I had planned. Closing rings has become a chore.
That little Susan Bates shuttle in the picture is one that Fox generously gave many years ago when she read one of my metals died. I still remember and every time I pick it up to tat with, I'm reminded of her kindness. It is currently loaded with size 20 thread for my Pintrest Challenge piece. It's almost finished, just the final sewing in of beads. The videos that Angela made are so much help. Youtube translator is a joke at best so I just turned those off and just watched what was done verses what was said.
This should be finished today, pending my Kat's demands on snacks and me laying down with her for her naps. I move the page I created for the Pintrest challenges to another blog. It was a better way for me to keep organized on these endeavors. It was frustrating having to move the positions of all the current work to the top. Now each project will have it's own page where I can freely describe what went into making it without having to reformat the entire page in reverse. I put a button link on the side bar if anyone's interested.
Today's going to be a sewing in ends kind of day. Those that are
hanging off each motif of the Monster Doily are annoying when I continue
with the next motifs. Also, they tend to get caught up with the next
motif and I'm having to "coax" them out the working snowflake.