Wednesday, August 31, 2016

A little something

I have been sadly neglecting my shuttles for the past few months. I have been working with yarn though, crocheting, that is a WIP in itself. I was bored and picked up the brown (chocolate) Clover shuttle and after loading it up, went on Facebook for inspiration. I found it when a fellow tatter posted a picture of a tatted spoon. A Spoon! The pattern is Roger Freedman and was posted on a needle tatting group from MSN. The way back machine was the way to find the pattern once more. I made this first one with some DMC metallic thread.

Then I thought to also make the cup and saucer that was also on that site. However, using the same thread resulted in a spoon too large to complete the set. I received some size 50 DMC thread so I made the cup and saucer first. I was then planning on making the spoon out of size 80 or even 100 thread. I picked up a few balls of both sizes a couple of weeks ago.

 
Her ends need to be sewed in and tucked away but she still poses for a lovely picture.

7 comments:

  1. These are absolutely delightful, your work never fails to astound me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your cup and saucer, the spoon is lovely and I am sure in size 80 it would fit the cup and saucer.
    They look a lovely set

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty ! 2 ell done :-)
    Now I would dainty fingers to handle that ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you again! Goodness, that tea set is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goes to show, anything can be tatted! A sweet set, very dainty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roger Freedman shared some fantastic patterns on the old MSN needle tatting group. I'm so glad I saved them. Haven't tried these two. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are beautiful and I don't care about the size :) I love them all!

    ReplyDelete