Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Leaf

This is another of Wanda Salmans patterns. It's a Leaf with Dragonfly earring minus the dragonfly charm. I tatted them onto an eyepin, thinking I'd add them to the Topiary that still has a long way to go. I think they'd make a good under base for the magnolias from Be-Stitched. They tat up really fast, about 15 minutes and I like that. I don't think it will take very long to unload this shuttle at least. I think this is size 40 Lizabeth. I know it's Lizabeth Riverglades or something like that.

I just wanted to empty shuttles because I wanted to work on another wall display case. I acquired a pair of them from Hobby Lobby and while the cases are unfinished, I'm going to Modge Podge some tatting elements to it before adding the shuttles. I was trying to decide which color to paint them, black or white. Not knowing what tatting to use has kept me from painting them so far.

My vacation from work is almost at a end, so I wanted to do as much crafting as I can before that. The end of the year crazies begin for me when I go back on Nov.1. My MomCave is a neglected disaster area that my youngest has had a blast playing with the clay. I spent too much time picking the scrap clay out of the carpet. I've come to realize that I need to invest in a clear vinyl mat for my floor. Otherwise the carpet will soon need to be replaced. I'm going to need to measure the room soon. At least she uses her own "craft table" so the damage is in a limited area of the MomCave.

2 comments:

  1. Wanda has created many nice patterns and love thus leaf too. And I feel for your carpet sometimes those kids can do lots of damage.

    ReplyDelete