Monday, December 19, 2016

I remember a few months back there was this rage going around of beaded angels/fairies/dolls. Some creative tatter added lace to it and it was the cutest little thing. My hands decided to try and make my own version of it. First was trying to find the original postings and could not find it. Then searching Pintrest I found something similiar. I tried not to spend too much time there, because I really don't  need another habit..lol.

Using this as a reference guide, I went through the bead stash and came up with some potentials. I had three good sized glass pearls and decided to go with the smallest as the head. Should the desire, or this first prototype work out, I have two more to work with. I found these bead caps that I originally purchased to work the tatting into the filigree portions of it. It worked out good for the skirt, hair,crown, and back support of the wings. Okay, okay, for the majority of this doll of mine. I  used a hair pin to link most of the beads together, then added a second wire to join the wing support to the body. I left a bit of wire slack in case I decide to add arms after the tatting is done and added.

Since it is winter, the colors I wanted to use had to reflect this. Now I could've gone the obvious, white, but I felt that with the pearl color it needed something more dramatic. Lizabeth Periwinkle to the rescue, in size 40 of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment