Thursday, December 15, 2016

Plans for the future

It dawned on me, while working on some of the individual motifs of the Spider Fantasia, that when finished it would make a wonderful backdrop..for a clock! It is a twelve point motif. I'm fairly certain that I can find a clock set up here somewhere, or buy another one. I have been motivated to work faster on this.

I also have a new acquisition for my shuttle collection.  These acrylic shuttles are from ShuttlebyDesign.com. I love the way they feel.

Recovery is still slow going..but I am able to work longer shifts so I suppose that's progress. I'm still feeling drained, but even the smallest routine practices make me feel better.

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful shuttle! Looking forward to see the clock. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a tatted clock! I have seen a few pictures, but I'm not aware of a pattern that is recommended for a clock. Have you tried the shuttles yet? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Hope you feel better soon.

    One of the nicest tatted clocks can be found at the following url, and it's a pattern from Tat Man. It goes back to 2012!

    http://chiacchierinodellanonna.blogspot.com/2012/05/orologio.html

    It has the twelve distinctive 'arms' as points, and I like that you could easily see what time it is.

    That is a beautiful shuttle! I'm wondering if she actually makes the basic shuttle or does she have a supplier. It looks like a nice size and would hold a lot of thread. I love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete