Thursday, December 8, 2016

Spiderwebs again

I'm back at home and I am so happy to be here. It's amazing how quickly and slowly time passes when you are sick. I feel almost like myself, but still have to take it easy for another five days to make sure I'm sufficiently recovered to continue with the day to day life. One wonderful side effect, ideas. More progress has been made on the Fantasia Spider doily.
I'm about 1/4 of the way through with this. I had to stop to refill shuttles and thought of tackling all those ends. After finding the beading needles I use to sew in ends, I also found this hexagon frame. Where I got it eludes my mind now, I've had it for so long. The idea came to mount the Spider Fantasia to it.
I began by wrapping the core and adding picots every three stitches. Perhaps I should have measured what I actually had finished to the frame before beginning this. It is not going to fit. Either way, I will continue to wrap the frame, I can always use it for another purpose or even use those balls of size 100 thread to do another doily. I believe it would make a rather dramatic mount for whatever ends up in it.

Ideas kept coming to add beads! OMG, no not beads! Just on the smaller rings that form the "web". I thought it would look pretty with the beads mimicking water drops. It is beautiful in my mind's eye, although it mostly likely never happen. I do not have it in me to invest that much time on this. Then again I can always sew the beads into the center after it is all complete, so that's an idea put on the back burner for now.

I still have all those snowflakes to finish for my coworkers. Each one is taking me a day to make in between being distracted by video games and sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're home, I hope you're soon completely fit. It's a shame the frame won't work for that project, it would look wonderful. It looks very intricate, I look forward to seeing the finished work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you finish the spiderweb and just make another frame 😄 beads would be nice and sewing them on will work 🎄

    ReplyDelete