Friday, May 5, 2017

Blossoming

Working on making the tutorial for the ribbon roses. As I was assembling one of them, a idea came into my little tired mind on how to improve it. It began as a way to help stabilize it, since it is in 3D and I work with fine threads. The first "good" rose was still a bit floppy because of it. After making a successful prototype, it occured to me that writing it down with pictures would still be confusing. Or have the potential to be confusing.

As I worked on the second rose, I knew the best way to describe what I was doing was to "show it". As in video tutorial. I will probably still do a written version but if I can show how to make it in like a 5 to 10 minute video verses a potential 5 page written with pictures pattern......

I am going to have to design a base for these as well. For now I am using the catalyst from Kim's Forever Roses. I want something more simplified  for mine in keeping with the way the rose is worked up. This pattern can be elegantly simple once you find your tatting rhythm with it.

3 comments:

  1. Explaining something is often a lot more difficult than actually doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jane but I do get what you are saying it is a cool thing to use ribbon this way but needed improvement Looks like you have done it too! they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete