Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Sadness

Today at work I lost my JMD project. To add salt to the wounds, I lost two of my Rita's shuttles. The clear acrylic one I wasn't as upset about, this one I can replace easily enough. It was the shell one that broke my heart to say goodbye to. I clearly remember setting it down on a lower counter shelf prior to assisting a customer, along with my cellphone. The cellphone was still there, my tatting was not. I retraced my steps as best I could before having to leave but no luck.

I'm not even upset about the actual tatting being lost. I spent hours tatting and retro-tatting it, going on a mission took find thread to continue working it, but in the end it didn't mean as much. If by some lucky chance it reappears tomorrow when I go back, I will only work on it at home. This makes three shuttles lost at work since I switched positions this year. From now on, only Clovers or Starlites go with me, these I can quickly replace the same day.

R.I.P. my tatting buddies...fear not, your descendents will be treated with much more care in the future. 😉

My Honey says I'm being overly dramatic. I am a woman of course I'm overly dramatic it makes life more interesting..lol

9 comments:

  1. That makes me incredibly sad! I spent yesterday morning preparing tatting for Palmetto Tat Days. Now I'm questioning whether I should leave my pretty shuttles at home. I hope your shell shuttle reappears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind thoughts..I'm just glad I decided to leave thefull abalone one at home last minute.

      Delete
  2. I hope it's misplaced rather than taken and that when you go again it will resurface. Not overly dramatic, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle, after talking to my coworkers we have a working theory on what might have happened to it. I'm not likely to get it back, but at least it could be closure for me.

      Delete
  3. (Hugs) They are beautiful shuttles !
    The only takeaway seems to be that your tatting and shuttles were much more valuable to the 'thief' than the cell phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was talking to my coworker about this and she mentioned the same thing!LOL..she said there was a stay cat in the building they were trying to catch and maybe that might have been the culprit.

      Delete
  4. I hope your shuttle has just been on an adventure and returns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The loss of a shuttle is as bad as losing a piece of jewerellery
    I hope it comes back to you after his adventure

    ReplyDelete