The shuttle is complete! Making the center post took a few hours but I am happy with the results. It's size is just shy of the length of my forefinger. I am hoping that its size will help me learn to tat in the slip and slide method verses the vertical way I normally tat.
Previously I had made a micro shaker shuttle. I wanted to see if using the layer painting would work to make one. This will most likely take a few weeks to complete. I thought it would be better to start with a similar size to get the technique down. Then later, I can expand to a larger size.
The bottom of the blades with one having the top piece laying on top.
I added some blue resin to give the appearance of water for the little fishies. The shuttle layers are very thin and fragile right now. It's going to need at least another dozen layers to be sturdy enough to hold pressure. For now, progress is good.