I couldn't put my finger on why my mind could not understand the directions. After attempting to make one of the legs, I reached out to the only other tatter I know who has done the pattern, on Facebook. I needed guidance, and unfortunately, I couldn't DM the designer on Instagram. I'm in the instant gratification mindset right now.
After a few hours of trashed pieces and a pot of coffee later, it finally came to me. I was getting confused because of how the pattern is numbered/written in the diagram. I tatted up another element and finally got it to go right. Yay! I can finally move on..right after I reload the shuttles.
The WIP head reminds me of a triceratops' head. I'm working it in size 20 Lizabeth thread instead of my normal finer threads.
On the crochet front, we have the final Eeveelution, Flareon done. There is no way I will be able to do the other four in time for the fair. I decided to start working on the Pokemon trainer.
The facial details and fur fluffing is all that's needed on them. Unfortunately I had a weird painful break in my thumb nail. I used my thumb to help hold the piece steady so I can crochet.
I finally just cut all my nails down and clipped this one where it wouldn't hurt anymore.