Friday, January 17, 2020

Threads and hearts

I found a few shuttles that had more of the same color thread as the one I wound onto the spool. I didn't want to use another spool, so I began tatting some hearts to empty the shuttles. 

 Cluny's have always been a bit of a headache for me. I tend to zone out when making them so I forget how many wraps I've made. This causes my clunys to be uneven. I did my best to match them up when I made Shelly's Heart. The heart shape isn't as easy to shape here. I did follow the pattern, but maybe the way I made those clunys messed up the overall design.
 I started listing the name of the pattern and designer on the photo's I take of finished projects. Organization at work here. LOL. Below is the first spool fully wound. It has a ball and a half of size 40 Lizabeth on it. The ball didn't have a name tag, but I compared the size to other threads I had and 40 is what I came up with.
 I made two more before I got bored with making these. In one I tossed in some mini gummy bears just because they had no purpose and I wanted to clean out the mold they were cast in.
 This is what I used to make the ends of the spools. It's a paint pod.
I'm currently in the process of untangling the red mess and winding it up on another spool.

1 comment:

  1. Great to see your designs beginnings and your beautiful hearts I to have cleaned off many shuttles with preparing hearts💐

    ReplyDelete