I was feeling the urge to be productive in some way. I pulled out the resin and began working on some small shuttles. After printing out some free stained glass patterns from the internet, I got about making them into shuttles.
|3rd try 1st try 2nd try|
I also tried different post types within. There is a solid middle post, which helped maintain stability but limited the amount of space to load thread onto. The single round post, which holds plenty of thread but not very stable, the blades tend to want to slide. Then the double round post, which is what I like the best so far. It maintains stability, holds a decent amount of thread and saves me the trouble of drilling a hole into the post. Now these are all about 1.5 inches long, they hold roughly 5 yards of size 20 thread. The 3rd prototype only holds about 2.5 yards because of the thickness of the post.
I'm going to tat little projects with them in the coming weeks and see how well they hold up. My latest order of Liquid Diamonds resin should be here by Saturday so I may spend more time making up some more of these for fun. My temporary job should be done by the end of the month and I feel like taking a couple of weeks off before starting the next job assignment. I do have to get my Halloween crafting done.